There are several local and national competitions that may be of interest. Here are a few:
- Fairview Technology Business Center Business Plan Competition: $10,000 cash prize, services, and space in the Knox County incubator
- ThrottleUp! at Tech 20/20′s Innovation Imperative Conference: Details not yet available for Nov. 2012 conference
- ACC Clean Energy Challenge: $100,000 for the best business plan surrounding clean energy
- Intel Innovators: $100,000 awarded monthly to the best game-changing ideas submitted by 18-24 year-old entrepreneurs
- mtvU Movers and Changers: $25,000 prize for seed money for young entrepreneurs (two UT students won the competition in 2011!)
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA): $10,000 cash prize plus donated services and products
- Idea2Product: A global competition for interdisciplinary teams that want to bring a new technology to market. Cash prizes.
- MegaWatt Ventures: A national business plan competition held in the spring for energy-based businesses. Grand prize of $100,000.