There are several local and national competitions that may be of interest. Here are a few:
- Fairview Technology Business Center Business Plan Competition: $10,000 cash prize, services, and space in the Knox County incubator
- ThrottleUp! at Tech 20/20′s Innovation Imperative Conference
- What’s The Big Idea: $10,000 in start-up reimbursement costs, office space, and complimentary business services.
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA): $10,000 cash prize plus donated services and products
- Idea2Product: A global competition for interdisciplinary teams that want to bring a new technology to market. Cash prizes.
- MegaWatt Ventures: A national business plan competition held in the spring for energy-based businesses. Grand prize of $100,000.
- Student Startup Madness: a nationwide tournament-style competition for college student digital media startups, culminating with the “Entrepreneurial Eight” national finals at South By Southwest (SXSW) Interactive.